Home » Posts tagged '384th BG Mission 188'
Tag Archives: 384th BG Mission 188
September 5, 1944 – 384th BG Mission 188
The 384th Bomb Group Mission 188 was also known as Eighth Air Force Mission 605.
The Buslee crew flew this mission aboard aircraft 43-37822, Lead Banana.
The primary target was again the chemical works industry in Ludwigshaven, Germany.
- Pilot – John Oliver Buslee
- Co-Pilot – David Franklin Albrecht
- Navigator – Chester A. Rybarczyk
- Bombardier – James B. Davis
- Radio Operator/Gunner – Sebastiano Joseph Peluso
- Engineer/Top Turret Gunner – Lenard Leroy Bryant
- Ball Turret Gunner – Irving L. Miller
- Tail Gunner – Eugene D. Lucynski
- Waist Gunner – George Edwin Farrar (my dad)
The regular Buslee crew without Erwin Foster. Navigator Chester Rybarczyk was back after being absent from the crew since his last flight with them on August 12.
Irving L. Miller again replaced Foster as Ball Turret Gunner on this flight.
© Cindy Farrar Bryan and The Arrowhead Club, 2013