September 9, 1944 – 384th BG Mission 190
The 384th Bomb Group Mission 190 was also known as Eighth Air Force Mission 614.
The Buslee crew flew this mission aboard aircraft 43-37822, Lead Banana. This was their second of three missions aboard the Lead Banana.
The primary target was again, but for the last time, the chemical works industry in Ludwigshaven, Germany.
- Pilot – John Oliver Buslee
- Co-Pilot – David Franklin Albrecht
- Navigator – George J. Jacobson
- Bombardier – James B. Davis
- Radio Operator/Gunner – Sebastiano Joseph Peluso
- Engineer/Top Turret Gunner – Lenard Leroy Bryant
- Ball Turret Gunner – Erwin V. Foster
- Tail Gunner – Eugene D. Lucynski
- Waist Gunner – George Edwin Farrar (my dad)
The regular Buslee crew without Chester A. Rybarczyk. George J. Jacobson replaced Rybarczyk as Navigator or this flight. Rybarczyk did not fly this mission.
Erwin V. Foster was back as Ball Turret Gunner. Foster had not flown since the August 24 mission.
Source: Sortie Report
© Cindy Farrar Bryan and The Arrowhead Club, 2013