September 8, 1944 – 384th BG Mission 189
The 384th Bomb Group Mission 189 was also known as Eighth Air Force Mission 611.
The Buslee crew flew this mission aboard aircraft 42-97320, name unknown.
The primary target was again the chemical works industry in Ludwigshaven, Germany.
- Pilot – John Oliver Buslee
- Co-Pilot – David Franklin Albrecht
- Navigator – Chester A. Rybarczyk
- Bombardier – James B. Davis
- Radio Operator/Gunner – Sebastiano Joseph Peluso
- Engineer/Top Turret Gunner – Lenard Leroy Bryant
- Ball Turret Gunner – Irving L. Miller
- Tail Gunner – Eugene D. Lucynski
- Waist Gunner – George Edwin Farrar (my dad)
The regular Buslee crew without Erwin Foster. Irving L. Miller again replaced Foster as Ball Turret Gunner on this flight.
Source: Sortie Report
© Cindy Farrar Bryan and The Arrowhead Club, 2013