September 3, 1944 – 384th BG Mission 187
The 384th Bomb Group Mission 187 was also known as Eighth Air Force Mission 602.
The Buslee crew flew this mission aboard aircraft 43-38062, Pleasure Bent.
The primary target was the chemical works industry in Ludwigshaven, Germany.
- Pilot – John Oliver Buslee
- Co-Pilot – David Franklin Albrecht
- Navigator – William Alvin Henson II
- Bombardier – James B. Davis
- Radio Operator/Gunner – Sebastiano Joseph Peluso
- Engineer/Top Turret Gunner – Lenard Leroy Bryant
- Ball Turret Gunner – Irving L. Miller
- Tail Gunner – Eugene D. Lucynski
- Waist Gunner – George Edwin Farrar (my dad)
Waist Gunner George Edwin Farrar celebrated his 23rd birthday today, September 3, 1944.
The regular Buslee crew without Chester Rybarczyk and Erwin Foster.
William Alvin Henson II replaced Rybarczyk as Navigator on this flight, his first of three flights with the Buslee crew.
Irving L. Miller replaced Foster as Ball Turret Gunner on this flight, his first of five flights with the Buslee crew.
© Cindy Farrar Bryan and The Arrowhead Club, 2013